COVID-19 GUIDES & UPDATED INFO
Dear Parents and Guardians, students in every class have received assignments to complete in Google Classroom. On Google Classroom each teacher has posted specific assignments aligned to specific classes with indicated due dates. Please work closely with your child to ensure assignments are submitted in a timely manner. Students will be invited, and are expected, to participate in real-time video lessons with their classmates a minimum of once weekly; the teacher will send a notice to students advising them of the day/time. Take time to speak with your son/daughter to review assignments, feedback from teachers and due dates for each assignment. If you have any questions or concerns please email Jennifer Vega, Parent Coordinator at JVega36@schools.nyc.gov or Asst. Principal Ms. Muscolino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ms. D. Conwell, Principal
H.S. for Law, Advocacy & Community Justice
1. ALL LACJHS Students can access their ‘REMOTE LEARNING ASSIGNMENTS’ in GOOGLE CLASSROOM using their individual USERNAME@lacjhs.org account.
2. Students and parents can establish correspondence to any of our school staff and teachers by sending emails through PUPILPATH.
3. PUPILPATH LOGIN credentials have been sent out to all students and parents in the mail.
4. BY Monday, March 23rd, ALL students must start receiving their remote learning tasks and assignments through Google Classroom. If anyone cannot access or have no access, use other means to reach out to your teachers to inform them the best way to reach out to you.
5. ONLY the school buildings have been closed. School administrators and teachers are working nonstop to ensure every student’s learning will continue by transitioning to REMOTE LEARNING MODEL. Make sure you’re in it!
Student Non-Attendance Day – Remote Instruction
Mayor Bill de Blasio and Schools Chancellor Richard A. Carranza announced the City will move towards a new Remote Learning Model for all school days until Spring Recess. Students will not report to school buildings for instruction during this time. School buildings are scheduled to reopen to students following Spring Recess on Monday, April 20, 2020.
For the remainder of this week, teachers and administrators will participate in professional development on remote learning, and students will begin picking up materials for continued instruction.
The schedule, as we move to remote learning, is as follows:
- Tuesday, March 17-Thursday, March 19: All staff reports. Teachers and principals participate in professional development on remote learning.
- Thursday, March 19-Friday, March 20: Students who need it will be able to begin process of picking up the technology necessary for remote learning. More guidance to families will be sent this week.
- Monday, March 23: Remote learning launches, with additional guidance provided throughout the week of the 23.
Monday, March 23
Effective Monday, March 23, Regional Enrichment Centers will be available for the children of first responders, healthcare workers, and our most vulnerable populations, with more details to follow.
Additionally, remote learning will go into effect for grades K-12. DOE will support schools at all levels of readiness to deliver remote learning, and more information will be provided to families about online platforms.